The Kingdom of Morocco is located in the Northern part of Africa. This country is known mainly for its interesting and rich culture. It was influenced by different European nations and due to this fact its culture comprises many different features. Here you can find some interesting facts regarding different aspects of Morocco.
1. The location of the country is very interesting: it is situated between Algeria and Western Sahara and borders both the North Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.
2. Though the capital is Rabat, the largest city and industrial center is Casablanca.
3. Before 1956 Morocco was a French colony. Only in the year 1956 they got independence after struggling a lot.
4. The University of Fes, which locates here, is considered to be one of the oldest universities in the world. By the way, Pope Sylvester II is believed to learn mathematics here.
5. Regarding religion, population of Morocco is mixed; you can find Muslim, Catholic and Jewish people here. But Muslims make the majority.
6. It is better not to visit Morocco deserts from February to April, the best time for exploring these places is from April to October. All other areas, like mountains and beaches, can be visited at any time of the year.
7. The Arabic name of Morocco is Al-Mamlaka al-Maghribia’.
8. One more proof of the connection with the megalithic cultures is stone circles found in some regions of Morocco.
9. Besides Arabic, the languages like Berber, French and English are commonly used in Morocco.
10. The biggest market of Morocco is in the city of Marrakech, it is full of tiny lovely shops. Here you can also find the biggest square of Morocco, the Djemaa el Fna square.
11. In Casablanca there is the tallest minaret in the world.Buy cheap cigarettes online. Winston Silver tobacco, . . Dream holidays in Kenya and Tanzania. with http://www.lionsafari.co.uk